This Day In Rock. Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen celebrates 67th birthday with release of 'Chapter and Verse' the companion album preceding his forthcoming memoir, ‘Born to Run’.
In this 18-track career-spanning compilation, fans will get to hear his musical evolution from a scruffy teen to a major-label recording artist, Grammy Award winner, Oscar winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer (track listing below).
In ‘Born to Run’, Bruce Springsteen tells the story of his life with the same honesty, humor, and originality found in his songs.
‘Born to Run’ will be revelatory for anyone who has ever enjoyed Bruce Springsteen, but this book is much more than a legendary rock star’s memoir. This is a book for workers and dreamers, parents and children, lovers and loners, artists, freaks, or anyone who has ever wanted to be baptized in the holy river of rock and roll.
Below watch Bruce Springsteen Discusses Writing ‘Born to Run’.
Bruce Springsteen talking about new album 'Chapter and Verse' and new book 'Born to Run'.
Chapter and Verse song titles:
1. "Baby I" — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
2. "You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover" — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
3. "He's Guilty (The Judge Song)" — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
4. "Ballad of Jesse James" — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
5. "Henry Boy" (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
6. "Growin' Up" (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on Tracks)
7. "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" (1973, The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle)
8. "Born to Run" (1975, Born to Run)
9. "Badlands" (1977, Darkness on the Edge of Town)
10. "The River" (1980, The River)
11. "My Father's House" (1982, Nebraska)
12. "Born in the U.S.A." (1984, Born in the U.S.A.)
13. "Brilliant Disguise" (1987, Tunnel of Love)
14. "Living Proof" (1992, Lucky Town)
15. "The Ghost of Tom Joad" (1995,The Ghost of Tom Joad)
16. "The Rising" (2002, The Rising)
17. "Long Time Comin'" (2005, Devils & Dust)
18. "Wrecking Ball" (2012, Wrecking Ball)